Gelato al Limone
1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
1/2 cup cold milk
1/2 cup sugar (I used my superfine homemade vanilla bean sugar)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
1-2 T Limoncello Italian Lemon Liquor
1/2 t lemon zest
1 t vanilla extract
- Mix the cream, milk, and sugar together and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Make sure your mixture and your lemon juice are cold.
- Add the cream to your ice cream maker. Then add the lemon juice and extract.
- Pour all into the machine and process according to the instructions.
**On the basic Cuisinart machine it takes about 20 minutes.
- You can eat it soft right from the machine, or freeze it longer for a firmer scoop in an airtight container
I served this up with white chocolate shavings and a real lemon cookie…delizioso!